Big Island Waterfall Zipline Tour Details
- Tour Highlights
- Tour Description
- Sample Itinerary
- Price & Availability
- Tour Guidelines
- What to wear
- Special Instructions
Voted the number #1 zip line tour in Hawaii
Gigantic 7 zip line course
More than 3200 feet of zip line to ride
Stunning aerial views as you soar over the 250 foot tall Kolekole Waterfall
Stare down a 450 foot ravine at a cascading waterfall as you fly above it
A gorgeous half mile hike through lush rain forest
Gorgeous views of the Honomu coastline
Highly knowledgeable and engaging tour guides give you in depth insight into Hawaiian history and the local wildlife and fauna
Mounted Go-Pro camera rentals available to ensure you can capture every moment of your adventure
Extensive two hour tour through a beautiful Hawaiian rain forest
Kailua-Kona or Waikoloa resort pick up available
Pick up at your Kailua-Kona or Waikoloa resort and hour to hour and a half before check in. Transport to Akaka Falls state park where you’ll check in at our retail store followed by equipment outfitting and a guided 4×4 off road tour and hike to our zip line course.
Begin your journey high above the rain forest over 250 foot waterfalls and 450 foot ravines on our seven zip lines.
After over 3,200 feet of zip lining and a half mile hike return to our base camp where your escort back to your hotel will be waiting so you can continue on your day.
9:30 a.m – 10 a.m. – Check in 28 Honomu Rd. Honomu, HI 96728 at our retail store in Akaka Falls State Park
10:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. – Get geared up and familiarized with our high quality safety gear at our base camp.
10:30 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. – Guided 4×4 adventure van and off road tour and hike to our first zipline with your expert tour guide
11:00 a.m. – 12 p.m – Begin your enormous zip line tour through our seven zip lines; Ua (Rain), Mai’a (Banana), Wai (water), Kalo (Taro), Ko (Sugar Cane), Pua’a (Pig), Wailele (Waterfall)
12:00 p.m.- Your tour concludes at base camp where transport back to your hotel awaits
Price & Availability
|Child (10 yrs+)||$179.95|
*Tours are available seven days a week starting at 10 a.m., 11 a.m., 1:30 p.m. and 2:30 p.m.
Thousands of people love our zipline tours. Before you go, make sure you are:
- 10 years or older. All customers under 18 must have a legal guardian sign for them.
- Between 80-260lbs.
- Able to hike 1/2 mile at elevation and over uneven surfaces
- Free of chronic heart problems
- If you have serious neck, back, or joint injuries check with your doctor
- Have not had recent surgery especially on ankles, knees or back.
- Not pregnant
- Ready to have tons of FUN!
What to wear
- Shorts and a short-sleeve t-shirt are recommended (due to regularly hot weather here). SUNSCREEN is highly recommended. White clothing is NOT recommended. Wearing brightly colored clothes will make pictures look amazing!
Are there any health issues I should consider:
- Customers with serious neck, back, or joint injuries or chronic heart problems should use their own discretion about their capabilities to safely participate in this activity. It is STRONGLY RECOMMENDED that anyone with who has had recent surgery, especially on ankles, knees or their back, not participate in this tour. Although we try to always make customers comfortable both physically and mentally, some degree of impact on joints or some degree of customer anxiety about zipping is unavoidable.
- Ziplining isn’t strenuous, but you need to be able to hike about 1/2 mile and climb steps. We have had people from 10 to 90 do the course without problems.