Wailua Falls Kayak Details
- Tour Description
- Price & Availability
- Sample Itinerary
- Cancellation Policy
- Special Instructions
Kayak through the Wailua River
Snack Lunch Included
Leisure Hike Through Kauai Forrest
Small Group Tour (12 passenger max)
120 Foot Waterfall and Waterhole
Swimming opportunities available
Join us for 4-½ hours of exploration into one of Kauai’s most stunning natural environments. On this adventure tour, you will paddle through the lush jungle rainforest along the majestic Wailua River where the first Hawaiians arrived from the Marquesas Islands 1,500 years ago. Your knowledgeable guide will share legends of ancient Hawaii and interesting information about the flora and fauna of this sacred area as you paddle through. Gaze upon the numerous heiau, Hawaiian temples or sacred sites, that line the cliffside along the Wailua River until your reach the village of Kamokila. This village replicates the villages of ancient Hawaii where sacred fishing and farming practices took place. At the North Fork, you will enjoy a leisurely paddle through the gorgeous river until you reach the trailhead for Secret Falls.
From the trailhead, this moderate 1.5 mile hike will lead you through the lush Garden Isle rainforest to an enchanting hidden waterfall, rightly named Secret Falls. The waterfall cascades 120-feet from the cliffside above into a stunning turquoise-colored natural pool surrounded by river rocks and lush vegetation. Here, you can take in the mesmerizing scene, swim in the pools, and relax from your journey!
We provide a picnic lunch with your choice of turkey, roast beef, ham & cheese, or veggie sandwich and fresh pineapple, chips, cookies, and beverages. Also included on this adventure tour are kayaks, paddles, equipment, personal floatation devices, backpack use, dry bags and dry storage for cameras and personal items.
Along the journey, feel free to ask your expert guide about the history, culture, and natural wonders of Kauai. We are dedicated to making your experience the most awe-inspiring and memorable adventure in all of Kauai!
Whether you are a group or riding solo, we can accommodate up to 12 people in both our morning and afternoon tour groups. The tour is suitable for guests ages 5 and up that are in good physical condition. The Wailua Falls Kayak tour is quite popular, so we would suggest booking in advance.
Price & Availability
|Child (5 yrs – 12 yrs)||$65.00|
Available Monday through Saturday. Tours are not available on Sunday. Check-in At 7:00AM or 12:30 PM at Rainbow Kayak at 440 Aleka Loop, Kapa’a, HI 96746 Google Maps.
Total Tour Time Is 4.5 to 5 Hours.
7:00 AM to 12:00 PM : 4.5 to 5-hour tour
|7:00 AM||Morning Brief|
|7:30 AM||2-mile kayak past numerous Heiaus along the cliff lines of the Wailua River|
|8:30 AM||Arrive at Sacred Falls trail for a 1-mile hike to an enchanting waterfall that descends 120′ into a natural pool surrounded by rocks and vegetation|
|9:15 AM||Picnic lunch and swim in natural pools|
|10:15 AM||1-mile hike return to the river mouth|
|11:00 AM||2-mile kayak return through the Wailua River|
|12:00 PM||Arrive at the beginning|
12:30 AM to 5:00 PM: 4.5 to 5-hour tour
|12:30 PM||Afternoon Brief|
|1:00 PM||2-mile kayak past numerous Heiaus along the cliff lines of the Wailua River|
|1:30 PM||Arrive at Sacred Falls trail for a 1-mile hike to an enchanting waterfall that descends 120′ into a natural pool surrounded by rocks and vegetation|
|2:15 PM||Enjoy snacks and swim in natural pools|
|3:15 PM||1-mile hike return to the river mouth|
|4:00 PM||2-mile kayak return through the Wailua River|
|5:00 PM||Arrive at the beginning|
Your tour includes a delicious picnic lunch of a deli-style sandwich, fresh pineapple, chips, cookies, water, and a choice of beverage.
- Roast Beef: Horseradish mayo on whole wheat, cucumber, tomato and sprouts
- Turkey Rose: Rosemary mayo on whole wheat, tomato sprouts
- Ham & Cheese: Cheddar on whole wheat, tomato sprouts
- Veggie: Hummus on multi-grain, cucumber, black olives, tomato, sprouts
- Roast Beef on Lettuce Wrap: Horseradish mayo on lettuce wrap, cucumber, tomato and sprouts
- Turkey Rose on Lettuce Wrap: Rosemary mayo on lettuce wrap, tomato sprouts
- Ham & Cheese on Lettuce wrap: Cheddar on lettuce wrap, tomato sprouts
- Veggie on Lettuce Wrap: Hummus on lettuce wrap, cucumber, black olives, tomato, sprouts
For groups less than 6, 24-hour notice is required for cancellation.
Groups 6 or larger are required to notify us at least 72-hours before the tour.
A 100% penalty charge is strictly enforced.
Tours operate in rain or shine. In the case of extreme weather, the tour will be rescheduled.
What to Bring
- Wear comfortable shoes such as hiking boots, sandals, water shoes, or running shoes
- Wear a swimsuit under light clothing that you won’t mind getting wet
- Make sure to bring sunscreen, a hat, sunglasses, rain gear, and a towel
- Carry an extra bottle of water
- Bring an extra set of clothes to leave in our van if you’d like to change after (optional)
- Camera (optional)
- Participants should be comfortable paddling around 4 miles (60-90 minutes) and hiking 1.5 miles
- Trail conditions can sometimes be slippery and muddy
- Participants should be in good physical condition, with no back, knee, ankle injuries or recent surgeries
- For your safety, women 20 weeks pregnant or more should not participate