- Mauna Kea Volcano Voyage – From Hilo Details – $177.14 for Adult and 13 yrs+
- Pre-opening tour and private planetarium star show at Imiloa Astronomy Center in Hilo
- Walk through a koa forest in a state preserve
- See the endangered Mauna Kea silversword
- Enjoy stunning views of Hawaii Island and Maui Visit a world-class astronomy complex and learn about ongoing research into the wonders of our universe
- Professional Guides: As the pioneer guide service on Mauna Kea we have over 50 years of combined experience on the mountain.
- 4X4 Passenger vans: Large windows, coach-style seating,
- Educational and Fun: Learn all about the island’s geography, culture and natural history from our experts.
- Astonishing Scenery: See surrealistic landforms, strange cloudscapes and a panorama of the night sky like no other. Excellent photo opportunities abound!
- Sunset at the Summit: The most dramatic spectacle in Hawaii.
- Stargazing: Learn about the night sky from Polaris to the Southern Cross and see the treasures of the night sky through our powerful telescope.*
- Trip Includes: This 7.5-8.5 hour excursion includes Arctic style parkas with hoods, a hearty and hot supper, gourmet hot beverages and convenient pick-up points.
- Park entry fees, Deli lunch, beverages
- Morning trips depart daily from Big Island Trading Co. in Hilo. 7 – 8 hours round trip
- Guests should be able to hike on uneven or rocky terrain. We sometimes encounter cool, wet or muddy conditions. Because of high altitude this tour is not advised for those with respiratory, circulatory or heart conditions, pregnancy or poor health. Scuba divers should be aware of altitude dangers. No children under 16. Other tour restrictions may apply. What to Bring & Wear: Closed toe shoes, long pants and a sweatshirt or sweater.
See and print our 4 x 9 Inch Color brochure in PDF format.