Mauna Kea Sunrise Adventure Details
Tour limited to a maximum of 14 guests
Roundtrip Transportation From Hilo, Waikoloa or Kona
Visit the Summit of Mauna Kea
View the Sunrise among advanced Telescopes
Pre-dawn Stargazing Experience
Hot Breakfast Included
- See the Night Sky on the Slope of Maunakea before the day’s first light
- Take in the Sunrise at the top of Maunakea, amidst the world’s largest collection of the research telescopes and enjoy a hot breakfast on the beautiful Mountain.
Price & Availability
Tours run 6-8 hours depending on pickup location from Monday thru Friday. Time to start varies 2:00 & 3:00 am based upon the sunrise at that time of the year.
|Adult (16 yrs+)||$206.00|
|Adult (16 yrs+)||$191.00|
- Trips depart from Hawaii Forest and Trail Headquarters and pick up at selected resort locations in Kona and Hilo.
- 7-8 hours round trip.
Guests are provided hooded parkas, but should bring:
- A sweater or jacket;
- Wear long pants;
- Covered walking shoes with warm socks
- Weather changes quickly and the access road to the summit can close without warning, therefore we cannot guarantee access to the summit.
- Guests should be able to walk on uneven or rocky terrain.
- The temperature can dip below freezing when at high elevation on the mountain.
- Because of high altitude, this tour is not advised for those with respiratory, circulatory or heart conditions, pregnancy or poor health. Scuba divers should be aware of altitude dangers.
- No children under 16.
- Other tour restrictions may apply.