Paniolo (Cowboy) Ride Details
Explore Hawaii Island’s Second Largest Working Cattle Ranch
Ride Through Rolling Pastures
First-time Horseback Riders Welcomed
We provide free of charge: Boots, Light Jackets, Australian Duster Jackets, Chaps, Helmets, Hats, Bottled Water, Sun Screen
Private and Custom Rides Available for Groups of 2 or More
Explore the scenery of an 11,000-acre ranch on horseback. Riding on this working cattle ranch will make you feel like a paniolo (Hawaiian cowboy).
We spend about 30 minutes to begin your tour getting you fitted up with everything you need to enjoy a 2.5-hour ride down to the coast and back. Depending on your comfort level you will be able to canter and trot with your horse. This is open to all experience categories.
During the ride, we will see ancient Hawaiian ruins, incredible views of all the major volcanoes, including Mauiʻs Haleakala.
Price & Availability
|Guest (8 yrs+)||$99.00|
- Mile 13.2
- Kohala Mtn. Rd. (Hwy. 250)
- N. Kohala, HI 96743
- Riders must be at least 8 years old. 8 and 9-year-olds who have never been on an Open Range Ride must either take the City Slicker Ride or a Private Ride.
- Maximum weight is 230 lbs. Call for exceptions to the weight limit.
- Six (6) or more riders require 48-hour cancellation notice. Guests must sign a waiver before riding.
You Should Bring
- Long Pants and Closed Toe Shoes.