Haleakala Sunrise At Summit & Bike Tour Details
- South & West Maui Pickup Included
- Entrance to Haleakala National Park
- View a Maui Sunrise from the volcano summit
- 26 Mile bike ride down the Volcano
- Fully Guided Tour In Van & On Bikes
- All equipment (rain gear) included
- Snacks and hot drinks provided
- Tour duration approximately 8-9 hours.
Your tour will begin with a Valley Isle Excursions guide picking you up from your hotel to escort you to Haleakala. Along the ride, you will learn about the history of Haleakala, its unique geology and the rare plants and animals that can only be found on Maui. Once you reach your destination at 10,000 feet your guides will then take you to the rim of the crater where you’ll witness one of the most spectacular sunrises in the world. Peering through crystal clear skies you’ll witness the enchanting beauty of Maui as it welcomes a new day.
As your adventure continues you will descend to the 6,500 ft. level of Haleakala where your guides will give you a comprehensive briefing to ensure your safety along your journey. Once the briefing is completed you will begin your 26-mile bike ride down the 21 switchbacks of Haleakala – the largest dormant Volcano in the world. You’ll pass through Pine and Eucalyptus forests, fields of lavender and through Haleakala ranch to the upcountry community of Kula, home to the gallery of renowned local artist Curtis Wilson Cost. Take in the scenery and witness the bi-coastal views of Maui from high up the mountain as you gently coast your way to Makawao town.
Makawao is a historical Paniolo (Cowboy) town in Maui. While there, take in the simplistic beauty of this quaint town and admire the architecture which hasn’t changed much since its inception. Take a stroll back through time back to when life was simpler and moved a little slower. Enjoy a meal at one of the restaurants while shopping for gifts at one of the many shops found in the area. From wood sculptures to glass blown masterpieces to local and far eastern apparel you’re sure to find something for the whole family.
The ride continues through Makawao Town, riding through pineapple fields, and continues down to the Pacific Ocean and ending at Paia Bay Beach Park. Included in the Sunrise Tour is round trip transportation to and from Haleakala National Park by Valley Isle Excursions (an authorized Haleakala National Park concessionaire), a hot and cold beverage service with a light snack (hot coffee/tea/chocolate, juice & water with an assortment of granola bars) at our base-yard office, Columbia Sportswear windbreaker jacket, helmet and state-of-the-art volcano chrome cruiser bikes.
Price & Availability
|Child (12 yrs+)||$230.00|
This tour operates 360 days per year.
Hotel & condo pickup on the West and South side of Maui changes throughout the year. Please refer to your confirmation call to the exact time and locations of pickup.
If you have decided to cancel your reservation or need to re-schedule, please call our 24 hours reservations 1-844-471-0785 or our local office at 808-518-3061.
- All tour cancellations must be made 5-days prior to the tour date.
- Any cancellation within a 5-day period of the scheduled tour date, is subject to a $50 cancellation fee per person.
- You may re-schedule based on availability, 48-hours notice is required.
- Tours cancelled within 24 hours from scheduled tour date will result in a FULL CHARGE.
- No refund will be issued if you cancel a re-scheduled tour.
- There will be 100% charge for No Show (If you do not show up for the scheduled tour, no refund will be issued).
- Store items can be returned for store credit, no cash or credit refunds.
Here are some guidelines and tips before you get on Bike tour:
- Wear warm clothing in layers.
- Competent riders – please, no beginners.
- Sorry, NO PREGNANT WOMEN.
- Minimum 12 years of age.
- 5 feet tall guideline height.
- Wear close-toed rubber soled shoes.
- Maximum weight for bike rider is 250 lbs.
- No Riders may participate with medical conditions that would adversely effect them in this activity.
- Riders must sign acknowledgement of risk & safety form.