DISCOVER THE BIG ISLAND
Discover both the Big Island's beauty and its volcanic fury. Take a volcano tour to the most geologically active environment on earth, the famous Kilauea volcano, which has been continuously erupting since 1983. View lava flows and black sand beaches.
Experience all the impressive spectacle of Madame Pele's lava and volcanic badlands, then explore the lush rainforests of the Hamakua Coast. You'll never forget landing at Laupahoehoe Nui, near the 1,200-foot waterfall, on the Kohala Coast—a Blue Hawaiian exclusive.
Waikoloa, Big Island, Hawaii
Big Island Helicopter Tour Features
World’s Best Helicopter Thrill
The towering sea cliffs open into the dramatically deep and meandering valleys of the Kohala Mountains. Beautiful waterfalls cascade thousands of feet into the rainforest below and remnants of ancient Hawaiian settlements are still visible. This is the perfect finish to the ultimate Big Island adventure. This tour was voted #1 by The Travel Channel as the “World’s Best Helicopter Thrill”. Tour routes and sights visited may vary according to wind and weather conditions. Volcanic activity varies hourly.
Big Island Helicopter Tour Details
- Eco Star Helicopter
- Price & Availability
- Special Instructions
- Weight Restrictions
- Cancellation Policy
Voted World’s Best Helicopter Thrill by the Travel Channel
State of Hawaii Certified Tour Guides
Flight Recording Available For Purchase
See Kilauea From Above
View Hawaii’s Forests and Waterfalls
Stories & Legends Told By Your Expert Pilot
Spectacular doesnʻt even get close to the beautiful sights you will encounter on this tour. We circle almost the entire island of Hawaii, starting from Waikoloa and heading north around Kohala coast, seeing a 1200ʻ waterfall (and land nearby if you choose that option).
We continue the route, seeing the lush rainforests of Hamakua and the beautiful coastline of Hilo before heading back around to see one of the world's most active Volcanoes at Kilauea. We over-fly around Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, witnessing the amazing lava flows of the past, including seeing a new black sand beach that was created during this last eruption.
We then wrap around the edge of Mauna Loa as we fly back to Waikoloa, an amazing 1-hour 45 minute tour.
Eco Star Helicopter
- Bose® aviation-grade noise-canceling headsets
- 4-camera digital DVD in-flight recording
- Two-way communication between you and your expert Blue Hawaiian pilot—each of whom is a State of Hawaii Certified Tour Guide
- The most honored mechanics and customer service in the industry
Price & Availability
105-Minute Doors-On Hawaii Island Helicopter From Waikoloa
|General PassengersAges 2 yrs+||$689.00|
|First Class PassengersAges 2 yrs+||$939.00|
Eco-Star Helicopter (up to 6 passengers only)
- Available Daily at 8:00AM and 10:30AM
- Temporary Fuel Surcharge-2022 Included ($20/person
- FAA regulations require us to weigh all guests and bags at check-in. We do this discreetly for your privacy. Please be accurate as possible when providing weight information.
- For each guest weighing more than 260 pounds on Eco-Star flights or more than 250 pounds on A-Star flights, an adjacent, empty seat purchase is required. The charge for an adjacent empty seat is 50% off of the regular tour price. This open seat ensures the comfort for you and all of our guests on your flight.
- Check-in time for Waikoloa and Lihue Tours has changed from 45min to 1hr prior to departure to allow additional time for guest arrival.
Prompt arrival allows for guest weight check-in, safety briefing, and to be escorted and seated on the aircraft for on-time departure
Late arrivals will be considered as a no-show
Traffic is unpredictable in the Islands. Please allow for ample travel time in case of traffic delays.
- A high quality, live DVD recording is made of your actual flight and may be purchased after your tour for $25.
- A High Definition, live Blu-Ray Disc or USB Stick recording is made of your actual flight and may be purchased after your tour for $40.
- Seating for parties of more than 6, or weighing a combined 1000lbs, will be seated across multiple aircrafts. Please provide accurate body weights as our ability to execute tours depends on this.
- Please call us via 1-808-379-3701 if over 350lbs.
Any request for a refund prior to 72 hours is honored with a full cash refund.
In the event of cancellation or request change to your reservation, please note the following. Most Hawaii Tours & Activities originating from Oahu, there is no charge for date change or tour change based on tour availability.
No refunds issued for any tours within the 72 hour period, prior to the start of your tour.