Haleakala Crater Hiking Details
- Tour Highlights
- Tour Description
- Sample Itinerary
- Price & Availability
- What To Wear & Bring
- Special information
Entrance into Haleakala National Park
Two 2-mile hikes in very different terrain
Lots of photo opportunities
Small group tours, Max 11 people
See rare and native plant species & animals
Pick-up and return transportation
7 hour tour with professional guide
Hike into both sides of Haleakala; each environment is very different from the other, so both should be experienced to gain a true appreciation for this natural phenomenon. Take a two-mile hike at the 10,000-foot summit where huge cinder cones dominate the desert-like, expansive scenery. And another two-mile hike at 8,000 ft. on a lava trail lined with rare native plant species. Views stretch for miles in all directions everywhere you go on this tour. We also include a nutritious lunch and trail snacks included too.
Pickup occurs at some South and West side Hotels. Other visitors will need to meet us at the Park and Ride in Kahului at 9:30 am.
- 8:00 am – 8:30 am – Pickup at South & West Side Hotels
- 9:30 am – Meet the rest of the tour group in Kahului
- 11:00 am – Enter Haleakala National Park Summit Area
- 11:10 am – Hike into Haleakala on Sliding Sands Trail
- 1:00 pm – Enjoy a picnic lunch of sandwiches
- 2:00 pm – Hike on a second trail in the park
- 3:30 pm – Leave Haleakala National Park
- 4:30 pm – Return to Kahului
- 5:30 – 6:30 – Return to Hotel or Condo in South & West Maui
Price & Availability
What To Wear & Bring
- rain gear,
- bug repellent
- Sandwich Lunch
- Water and snacks
What to Wear:
- Wear Clothing in Layers
What to Bring:
- Cash, if you wish to tip your guide
- This tour minimum age is 8 years old.
- The maximum number of guests is 11 people.
- We do change the tour based upon weather and safety.