PLANTATION ESTATE LUAU GROUNDS AT FAIRMONT ORCHID
Steeped in tradition and history, Kalahuipua'a is known as a gathering place for Ali'i (royalty) and special visitors. An evening at the Hawaii Loa Luau is full of this same tradition of Hawaiian culture and hospitality.
Join us for an evening of special memories and amazing food prepared by an award-winning culinary team. Enjoy an internationally known cast of performers sharing the stories of Hawai'i through live music and dance. Your hosts for the evening tell the story of their home in Hawai'i with traditional hula. The influence of other cultures can be seen in the change of costumes and hula motions as we share unique and incredible history on this island of Hawai'i. It's an incredible Hawaii luau experience not to be missed.
Kohala, Big Island, Hawaii
Hawaii Loa Luau Features
Traditional Hawaiian Foods and Local Favorites
You will enjoy this buffet-style feast where you can choose from traditional foods like poi and Kalua pork. Maybe you’ll want to sample some poke or kimchi which can go great with the open bar. We even have familiar foods for the keiki (children) to enjoy, like macaroni and cheese or hot dogs. You might be surprised at some of the new things they’ll want to try!
Entertainment and Storytelling Through Dance
Hula dance tell a story, and our crew shares the tales of Polynesia’s brave and courageous voyagers – as they traveled to Hawaii and established this land. Your host family from Tahiti share the stories of their journey to Hawaii, with the lively beat of the toere drum. This evening is all about Polynesian culture and Hawaiian hospitality.
Meet The Artists
Meet the performers before the show and learn about the traditional games and cultural practices of the people. These performers have trained for years with Kumu Hula. This is a master teacher in the art of Hula. They usually run and participate in dance schools called Halau Hula. Kumu Hula are the culture keepers of Hawaii.
Hawaii Loa Luau Details
Hours Of Live Music
Feast On A Full Buffett Luau Dinner
Traditional Hula Dancing & So Much More
Hawaiian Games & Activities
Meet, Greet & Have Pictures With The Performers
Open Bar Throughout The Whole Evening
Join us for a family-friendly evening of special memories.
Hawaii Loa Luau is more than just a luau. It’s an experience that will transport you to the ancient times of Hawaii and immerse you in the culture and history of the Hawaiian people. From the moment you arrive, you’ll be greeted by our friendly staff and enjoy the beautiful surroundings of the Fairmont Orchid Hawaii. As the sun sets, you’ll take your seat at our open-air luau pavilion and enjoy a mouth-watering feast.
Throughout the evening, you’ll be entertained by traditional Hawaiian dancers, musicians, and storytellers. And at the end of the night, you’ll have made some new friends and have plenty of memories to last a lifetime. So come join us for an evening of food, fun, and culture at Hawaii Loa Luau. Aloha!
Saturday Evenings at the Fairmont Orchid Hawaii on the Kohala Coast
- Join us for a family-friendly evening of special memories. You will start off this a hosted bar and a spectacular buffet, offering the finest cuisine prepared by an award-winning culinary team.
- Then, enjoy storytelling as an internationally renowned cast shares the stories of Hawaii through live music and dance.
- Beautiful hula dancers and talented musicians share the tales of Polynesia's brave and courageous voyagers - as they traveled to Hawai'i and established this land.
- Your hosts for the evening tell the story of their home with traditional hula. The influence of other cultures can be seen in the evolution of costumes and hula motions.
- 5:30 pm Seating Begins (Lei available for purchase)
- 5:45 pm Preliminary Activities
- 6:30 pm Dinner Buffet
- 5:30-8:15 pm Open Bar
- 7:30 pm Hawaii Loa Performance Begins
(schedule and events subject to change)
Hawaii Loa Luau Ohana Package In Kohala
|AdultAges 13 yrs+||$198.00|
|ChildAges 6-12 yrs||$99.00|
|ToddlerAges 0-5 yrs||FREE|
Note: Children 5 years old and under are admitted free.
- Taro Rolls
- Calrose Rice Furikake
- Stir Fried Vegetables
- Teriyaki BBQ Chicke
- Miso Glazed Hawaiian Catch
- Kiawe Wood Smoked Kalua Pork
From the Grill
- Kalbi Style Hawaiian Low Line Beef Ginger Soy Glaze
- Sugar Cane Skewered Shrimp Yakitori
- Hot Dogs
- Macaroni & Cheese
Poke & Salad Station
- Heirloom Greens w dressing
- Ahi Limu Koho
- Spicy Shellfish
- Surimi Crab & Broccoli
- Garlic Sesame Edamame Soy Beans
- Lomi Lomi Salmon
- Cucumber Namasu
- Hawaiian Dark Chocolate Lava Cake w/ Tahitian Vanilla and Raspberry Sauce
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake
- Big Island Tropical Fruit Salad w/Lychee
- Coconut Cream Haupia
- Regular and Decaffeinated
- Kona Coffee
- Fairmont Premium Selection of Hot Teas
* Menu subject to change based on seasonal availability
* Gluten Free options available in the dinner buffet
Any request for a refund prior to 72 hours is honored with a full cash refund. In the event of cancellation or request change to your reservation, please note the following. Most Hawaii Tours & Activities originating from Oahu, there is no charge for date change or tour change based on tour availability. No refunds issued for any tours within the 72 hour period, prior to the start of your tour.
Looking For Other Big Island Luaus?
Frequently Asked Questions
What Our Guests Say