- Manta Dive Details
- Dive Days
- Meeting Details
- For Reservations
- Cancellation Policy
- Special Instructions
Manta Dive Details
- $119.00 for Divers, Rental gear available
- $110.00 for Snorkelers, Rental gear included
- Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Sunday
- 3:15 p.m. at town shop (April 1st – August 31)
- 2:45 p.m. at town shop (September 1st – March 31)
- Between 9:00-10:00 p.m.
- 2 Scuba Dives with a Professional Guide
- Tanks and Weights and dive light
- Sandwich, snacks and drinks
- Book online or call our toll free line at HawaiiTours.com
- Meet at Jakes Locker at 75-5813 Alii Drive, Kailua-Kona, Hawaii. 96740
- We have a 24 hour cancellation policy.
- Changes or cancellations made with less than 24 hours will result in a full
charge cancellation fee with no exception.
Holiday (Christmas) Cancellation Policy
- We have a 48 hour cancellation policy.
- Changes or cancellations made with less than 48 hours will result in a full charge cancellation fee – no exceptions!
- No touching. Resist the urge to “pet” the mantas. This will rub off their protective mucus coating. Do not chase, grab, or try to take a ride on the mantas. This doesn’t benefit the animal in anyway.
- Divers must stay on or near the sand, rubble or boulder bottom. An open water column is necessary for the mantas to maneuver. Avoid contact with coral, sea urchins, or other marine life. Form a semi-circle with your group.
- Snorkelers must stay on the surface and keep legs horizontal. Do not dive down into the water column.
- Divers please shine lights up into the water column to attract plankton. Snorkelers please shine lights down.
- Divers try to time your breathing so that you don’t blow bubbles up into the manta if it’s passes over your head.
TAKING PHOTOS or VIDEO:
- When taking underwater photos or video, be considerate of people and mantas. Minimize your equipment in the water column and let the mantas come to you.
- These guidelines were first established in 1993 by manta dive operators in Kona, Hawaii. Reviewed again in 2013 by manta tour operators (dive and snorkel operators).
- Divers Provide
- Certified Divers bring C-Card
- BCD, Regulator, Wetsuit, Mask/Fins/Snorkel gear
- Rental gear available @ $8.50 per piece