MANTA DISCOVERY ADVENTURE TOUR
Experience the majestic manta rays of Kona coast as they feast on plankton attracted to the light. Board the boat at the Keauhou Bay. As you cruise to the snorkeling destination, your guides will educate you about manta rays, their behavior, feeding habits, and how they were accidentally discovered in the bay. After you gear up and are given a safety briefing, you will hop in the water to observe as they soar in loops around you eating their fill. This is a once-in-a-lifetime experience that you will want to bring an underwater camera for.
Keauhou Bay, Big Island, Hawaii
Manta Discovery Adventure Features
Board the boat in Keauhou Bay and learn about the behavior and feeding habits of manta rays as you make your way to the snorkeling destination. Once there, gear-up and swim with the manta rays after the sun sets. Warm up with a hot beverage on the return trip
Our Manta Guarantee
While we see manta rays on 85% of our tours, we can’t always guarantee their appearance. Mantas are wild animals that come and go on their own terms. (But that’s what makes seeing them so cool in the first place, right?)
If you don’t see any on your night snorkel, we’re happy to let you come again on a different night whenever space is available. Please note that during the busy season, space is minimal. Thankfully, this offer, while non-transferable, doesn’t expire.
Manta Discovery Adventure Details
Knowledgeable Guides Share Fun Manta Ray Facts
Two Evening Tour Times Operating Daily
Snorkeling Equipment Included (Mask, Snorkel, and Fins)
Snacks and Hot Beverages Provided
Children Ages 6+ and Adults Welcome!
Gently slip into the ocean, relax and let our knowledgeable crew guide you to the areas to view the magnificent Kona Manta Rays.
If you only have time for one snorkel trip while visiting Hawai’i this is the one to choose. You will have about 45 minutes in the water with the amazing and graceful manta rays, which will surely leave you with lasting memories. This adventure is considered the most exciting, most memorable and best value of any of the island’s numerous snorkel trips!
After a safety briefing, friendly guides provide an educational overview of the manta rays explaining their habits, their biology and anything else you want to know about these majestic rays as you motor to the snorkeling destination. Once there, special lights attached to the bottom of surf boards will illuminate the water, attracting plankton for the rays to feed on. Get in the water where you'll peacefully float while holding on to the surfboards as these large yet gentle sea creatures swim within inches of you as the feed upon plankton attracted to the bottom of the board. You will be breathtakingly close to the manta rays, some of which have up to 16 ft wingspans! It's unlike any other snorkeling experience ever you’ve had!
1.5-Hour Evening Manta Ray Snorkel On Raft From Keauhou Bay
|GuestsAges 6 yrs+||$129.00|
- 6:30 PM or 7:30 PM: Arrive & Check-In at Keauhou Bay near Kailua-Kona
- 7:00 PM or 8:00 PM: Info & Briefing as You Motor to Snorkel Destination
- 6:00 PM or 7:30 PM: Snorkel with Manta Rays
- 8:00 PM - 9:00 PM: Motor Back to Keauhou Bay
Please email or contact us about availability as this tour is based upon the phases of the moon.
Choose from a limited selection of complimentary snack and beverage options.
- Dry Snacks
- Hot coffee
- Hot Chocolate
- Water, juices & soft drinks available for purchase
- A waiver will need to be signed at check-in and while on the boat, you will be going barefoot (for safety). There is no smoking permitted while on the boat or on the vehicle.
- A snorkel mask, swim fins, wetsuit, flotation device, dry snacks, hot coffee, and hot chocolate are included in the price of your tour.
- Guests are advised to bring a towel, jacket or sweatshirt, a change of clothes, and a camera.
- Tours operate out of the Keauhou Bay on the Kona side of the island.
- Parking at the harbor is available.
|OBSERVE ONLY||No touching. Resist the urge to “pet” the mantas. This will rub off their protective mucus coating. Do not chase, grab, or try to take a ride on the mantas. This doesn’t benefit the animal in any way.|
|DIVER POSITION||Divers must stay on or near the sand, rubble or boulder bottom. An open water column is necessary for the mantas to maneuver. Avoid contact with coral, sea urchins, or other marine life. Form a semi-circle with your group.|
|SNORKELER POSITION||Snorkelers must stay on the surface and keep legs horizontal. Do not dive down into the water column.|
|LIGHTS||Divers please shine lights up into the water column to attract plankton. Snorkelers please shine lights down.|
|BUBBLES||Divers try to time your breathing so that you don’t blow bubbles up into the manta if it passes over your head.|
|TAKING PHOTOS or VIDEO||When taking underwater photos or video, be considerate of people and mantas. Minimize your equipment in the water column and let the mantas come to you.|
- If you need to change or cancel your reservation, please do so 72 hours or more in advance with no penalty.
- If you change or cancel your reservation within 72 hours, you will be charged in full for the trip. Holiday (Christmas) Cancellation Policy: 72 hour cancellation policy.
- Changes or cancellations made with less than 72 hours will result in a full charge cancellation fee – no exceptions.