Haleakala National Park & Downhill Bike Tour Details
- Visit Haleakala National Park
- At-you-own-pace downhill bike ride
- Guided upcountry van tour for guests not riding
- All downhill equipment included
- Roundtrip Hotel / Condo transportation available
- Rain gear available if needed
This tour begins with a beautiful drive to our Haiku baseyard on Mauiʻs North Shore. Drive yourself or have our tour guides pick you up at your South and West Maui hotel or condo. We will get you fitted with the latest gear and the best bikes for your once-in-a-lifetime experience, biking down a volcano.
Your guide will drive you up Haleakala, climbing almost 10,000 feet to the summit area. You will have a chance to explore the park at a number of stops, including visiting the Summit visitor center, Kalahaku and Haleakala Headquarters. See the rare plants and animals, like the nene, Hawaiiʻs state bird.
After the summit, the tour comes to the bike portion, but this is an unguided tour. This means you will bike at your own pace, stop where you wish and take all the time you desire, on your journey back to basecamp in Haiku. Stop where you want, like the Lavender Cafe, Kula Lodge, the historical Paniolo town of Makawao and so much more.
Price & Availability
|Child (12 yrs+)||$160.00|
Adults and Children who are not riding may ride in the van at the same cost.
Departs: 8:00am | Approximate Return: 4:00pm.
Cancellation & Change Policy
If you have decided to cancel your reservation or need to re-schedule, please call our 24 hours reservations 1-844-471-0785 or our local office at 808-518-3061.
- All tour cancellations must be made 5-days prior to the tour date.
- Any cancellation within a 5-day period of the scheduled tour date, is subject to a $50 cancellation fee per person.
- You may re-schedule based on availability, 48-hours notice is required.
- Tours cancelled within 24 hours from scheduled tour date will result in a FULL CHARGE.
- No refund will be issued if you cancel a re-scheduled tour.
- There will be 100% charge for No Show (If you do not show up for the scheduled tour, no refund will be issued).
- Store items can be returned for store credit, no cash or credit refunds.
Here are some guidelines and tips before you get on a Bike tour:
- Wear warm clothing in layers.
- Competent riders – please, no beginners.
- Sorry, NO PREGNANT WOMEN.
- Minimum 12 years of age.
- 5 feet tall guideline height.
- Wear close-toed rubber-soled shoes.
- Maximum weight for a bike rider is 250 lbs.
- No Riders may participate with medical conditions that would adversely affect them in this activity.
- Riders must sign an acknowledgment of risk & safety form.