Hilo Rainforest and River Zipline Tour Details
- Tour Description
- Sample Itinerary
- Price & Availability
- What You Need To Know
- Special Instructions
8 Zipline Course
2 Mile Hike in Rainforest
Only Side-by-Side Zipline on Big Island
2,400 foot length ride
Swim in private waterfall pool
4-hour zipline tour
Views & crossings of tropical river gorges
Transportation included for those starting in Kona
Take a tour from Kona or drive yourself from other parts of the island to this wonderful location to enjoy the tropical forests, rivers and valleys of Hawaii. Near Hilo, we take in a wonderful 8-line zipline course with a wonderful private waterfall swim opportunity. This family-friendly activity for those at least 5 years old is a great way to spend a day on the island. Explore the beautiful forests on a 2 mile hike as you go from zipline to zipline. You even get a chance to ride side-by-side with a partner, zipping through the rainforest canopy at incredible speeds. You will love it.
After enjoying the course, you can rest and relax for a bit of lunch. Choose a delicious plate lunch special which you can enjoy down by the river before taking a dip in a private waterfall pool. For those who are driving themselves, you can spend as long as you would like. Our tour wraps up about 3:30pm to get those guests back to Kona area by about 5:30 pm.
A day spent fulfilling most visitors bucket-list items relating to Hawaii, hiking, zip lines, waterfalls, and rainforest excursion.
Visitors Taking Tour From Kona or Kohala
- 6:30 am – Pickup In Kona
- 7:30 am – Pickup In Kohala
- 9:30 am – Arrive at the zipline
- 10:00 am – Zipline Course
- 12:00 pm – Lunch
- 1:00 pm – Swimming in private waterfall pools (Only if you have chosen this option
- 3:30 pm – Leave the swimming spot
- 5:30 pm – return to Kona
Price & Availability
|Child (12 yrs and under between 35 lbs and 275 lbs)||$184.00|
|Walk Alongs (Follow Tour on Foot)||$89.00|
|Child (12 yrs and under between 35 lbs and 275 lbs)||$274.00|
|Walk Along (Follow Tour on Foot)||$159.00|
This tour operates 7 Days a week.
What You Need To Know
What to Expect:
- Zipline Tours run rain or shine with waterproof jackets provided
- Cooler temperatures at the beginning of the course and warmer temperatures at the end
- 1,000 foot total elevation drop from beginning to end
- Fully narrated off-road adventure to and from the zip line course
- Elevated platforms connected with exciting features like suspension bridges and suspended staircases
- Light snacks and beverages available throughout the tour.
- There is for purchase a deli-style lunch option. ($15)
What to Bring:
- Closed-toe shoes are required. Keen and Salomon brand shoes available for purchase at the KapohoKine Adventures store
- Shorts, pants, and t-shirts are ok
- A light jacket, sunglasses, and hat suggested
- Bring your still or video camera to take advantage of photo ops galore
- Zipline tours are not for pregnant women or anybody with current or pre-existing heart, neck, or back conditions or injuries.
- Guests are required to sign a liability waiver on arrival.
- Guests must be able to negotiate stairs and lift 15 pounds.
- Guests must weigh between 35 and 275 pounds and refunds cannot be given to guests that are under or over the weight limits.
- Changes and cancellations must be made at least 24 hours in advance of tour time for a full refund.
Our facilities, except for the zip line, are ADA compliant, and we make every effort to accommodate guests of every ability.