Smith’s Family Luau Details
Authentic Hawaiian Shell Lei Greeting
Narrated Tram Tour Through 30-acre Garden
Buffet Luau Dinner
Rhythm of Aloha Show
Kauai’s Best Luaus
NOTE: November through February, schedule starts 15 minutes earlier.
- 5:00 P.M.- Welcome — Join us in paradise near the sacred Wailua River, a place once reserved for Hawaiian royalty. Receive your shell lei and either take a narrated tram tour or a leisurely stroll around the lush 30-acre gardens (last tram tour departs at 5:30 P.M., November through February: 5:15 P.M.)
- 6:00 P.M. – Imu Ceremony — Meet some of our family members and learn of the Hawaiian cooking method called Kalua — where Kalua pig is wrapped in ti leaves and cooked to perfection in our earthen imu oven.
- 6:15 P.M. – Cocktails & Music — Have a mai tai, beer, or glass of wine at the open bar while the Smith family entertains with Hawaiian songs. (Soft drinks and juice are also available.)
- 6:30 P.M.- Luau Feast — The music continues while you enjoy traditional flavors and island favorites like kalua pork, beef teriyaki, chicken adobo, and sweet’n’sour mahimahi. Sample our ono local specialties like lomi salmon, fresh poi, Hawaiian sweet potato, mac salad, namasu salad and scrumptious tropical desserts!
- 8:00 P.M. – Rhythm of Aloha Show — Move to the rhythm with colorful, authentic performances from Hawaii, Tahiti, Samoa, Philippines, New Zealand and Japan in our spacious open-air, torch-lit “Pele Amphitheater” (complete with erupting volcano!).
Price and Availability
Smith’s Family Luau
- November through January: Monday, Wednesday Friday
- February through October: Monday, Wednesday, Friday
- June through August: Monday, Wednesday, Friday
- November through February: 4:45pm
- March through October: 5:00pm
If you’d like to stroll around the garden grounds, please note that the last tram tour departs at 5:30 PM (November through February: 5:15 P.M.) We ask all guests to arrive 15 minutes early.