Best Hilo Activities & Tours
The Hilo side of the island is a huge area but in the central coastal area is a historic town with a few hotels for visitors looking for something a little different. This town is closer to the volcano making trips to the park a little shorter than those starting on the Kona coast. This area gets an abundance of rain which sustains a tropical forest that is full of amazing waterfalls. Taking a helicopter trip from here will give you the most time over Hawaii Volcanoes National Park.
Umauma Deluxe ATV Experience
Off-road along dirt trails on an ATV. See the Umauma River, waterfalls, and get coastal views before stopping for a swim and a snack. This adventure ride operates twice daily!
- ATV Trail Ride, Swim, & Local Snack
- Beautiful River, Waterfalls, & Hamakua Coast Views
- Choose from a Single Seater, 2 Seater or 4 Seater ATV
- All Experience Levels Welcome
Big Island Stargazing On Mauna Kea
This Stargazing Tour of the Big Island is a must-do for any nature lover or astronomy enthusiast. With majestic views of the mountains and coastline, and the opportunity to see the sun through a solar telescope, this tour is an unforgettable experience.
- Hotel Pickup & Return From Hilo Or Kona
- Jackets, Meals & Warm-up Drinks Included
- Opportunities to Stargaze & Solar Gaze Through Provided Telescopes
- Small Group Tour With a Personal Guide
Elite Volcano Hiking Tour
This is an unforgettable hiking tour through one of Hawaii’s most cherished attractions, Volcanoes National Park. Spend 9 hours explorings caves, lava tube, and rainforests while taking in jaw-dropping views of Kilauea.
- Climb Into Halema’uma’u Crater
- Explore Underground Lava Tubes
- Lunch, Dinner Included
- 9 Hours Departing From Hilo
Evening Volcano Explorer
Make Kilauea Volcano and Hawai`i Volcanoes National Park your destination, and stay past sunset! This tour can start in Kona or Hilo so book your tour now.
- Departs from Hilo Or Kona
- Mauna Ulu stop & Lots Of Overlooks
- Twilight view of Volcanic Crater
- Dinner Included
Hawaii Circle Of Fire Helicopter Tour
The 45 Minute Hilo Fire and Falls Adventure is a fantastic way to enjoy the special island chain of Hawaii. Located on the Big Island, this tour is full of fun, adventure, and unforgettable memories.
- Experience the Volcano from Above
- Comfortable seats
- Ideal viewing windows
- View Hawaii’s Rainforests & Valleys
Hilo Horseback Riding Tour
Take a 2.5 hour horseback ride with ocean views, reaching secluded waterfall. Go for a swim or stand up paddle in the fall’s refreshing waters before you saddle up for the ride back to the barn.
- Waterfall SUP and Swim Included
- All Ages Welcome & No Riding Experience Needed
- Free Parking, Helmets, and Saddle Bags for Personal Items
- Morning or Afternoon Rides
Hilo Lava & Rainforests Helicopter Tour
Make your vacation to Hawaii even more memorable with a helicopter flight over an active volcano currently ejecting lava. See lava, tropical scenes, and so much more.
- Fly Over Kilauea Volcano
- See Waterfalls & Rainforest
- 55-60 Minute Flights
- Tour Starts From Hilo
Volcano Adventure Tour From Hilo
Historic Hilo has so many iconic sites and you will get to see some of the best on this guided tour. You will explore Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, numerous points of interest, state parks, black sand beaches and so much more. The tour includes pick up at your Hilo hotel or accommodation and all entrance fees.
- See Historic Hilo & Waterfalls
- Visit Hawaii Volcanoes Park
- Volcano Overlooks and Lunch Stop
- 9 Hrs. Mon to Fri. Starts In Hilo
Ziplining & Kayaking TourEnjoy 4 activities in one tour with this kayak, stand up paddle, swimming, and ziplining adventure pack! Sit down to a catered lunch by a waterfall after a fun filled day! Adventure operates daily.
- Ziplining, Swimming, Stand Up Paddling, & Kayaking
- Beautiful River & Waterfall
- Zipline, SUP & Kayak Gear Included
- Catered Picnic Lunch
Big Island Of Hawaii Private Tours
Take a personalized tour while in Hawaii. Big Island private tours are the way to see it all at your own pace and with a local expert.
- Private Guide & Vehicle
- Visit An Active Volcano
- 10-Hour Island Tour From Kona or Hilo
- Groups of 4, 7, 12 or More
Umauma Falls Zipline Tour
Take a 90 minute flight on a zipline tour high above rivers, waterfalls, and forests. Operating daily near Hilo.
- Views of Maunakea & the Pacific Ocean
- Safety Gear & Instruction Provided
- No Experience Necessary
- Tours Offered Twice Daily
Explore Waipio Valley UTV TourWaipi’o On Horseback offers guided excursions into the legendary Waipi’o Valley. Enjoy views of spectacular waterfalls, a black sand beach, towering cliffs, herds of wild ponies, and much more! This is one of the most unique tours you will find in Hawai’i!
- Two Person UTVs
- Local Knowledgeable Guides
- Incredible Views
- 2.5 Hrs., Two Departure Times, Mon – Sat
Waipi’o Horseback Tour
Waipi’o On Horseback offers guided excursions into the legendary Waipi’o Valley. Enjoy views of spectacular waterfalls, a black sand beach, towering cliffs, herds of wild ponies, and much more! This is one of the most unique tours you will find in Hawai’i!
- Local guides
- Spectacular views found nowhere else
- Taste local foods
- 3-hour, two departure times Mon-Sat
Waipio Valley and Waterfalls Tour
Venture into majestic Waipio Valley with expert guides. Traverse famous movie scenes and visit numerous waterfalls on this full-day, Big Island adventure.
- Explore waterfalls in Waipio
- Swim or kayak under waterfall
- Bento boxed lunch, snacks & drinks
- 10-11 hour tour