Hilo Activities & Tours
The Hilo side of the island is a huge area but in the central coastal area is a historic town with a few hotels for visitors looking for something a little different. This town is closer to the volcano making trips to the park a little shorter than those starting on the Kona coast. This area gets an abundance of rain which sustains a tropical forest that is full of amazing waterfalls. Taking a helicopter trip from here will give you the most time over Hawaii Volcanoes National Park.
Umauma Deluxe ATV ExperienceOff-road along dirt trails on an ATV. See the Umauma River, waterfalls, and get coastal views before stopping for a swim and a snack. This adventure ride operates twice daily!
Starts At $199.00
- ATV Trail Ride, Swim, & Local Snack
- Beautiful River, Waterfalls, & Hamakua Coast Views
- Choose from a Single Seater, 2 Seater or 4 Seater ATV
- All Experience Levels Welcome
Big Island Stargazing On Mauna KeaStargazing in Hawaii is a must and there is no better place than on the Big Island of Hawaii. Go stargazing and see more with your guide who has a solar telescope too!
Starts At $209.99
- Hotel Pickup & Return From Hilo & Kona
- Jackets, Meals & Warm-up Drinks Included
- Go Stargazing & Solar Gazing Too
- Personal Guide & Small Group Tour
Evening Volcano ExplorerMake Kilauea Volcano and Hawai`i Volcanoes National Park your destination, and stay past sunset! This tour can start in Kona or Hilo so book your tour now.
Starts At $219.00
- Departs from Hilo Or Kona
- Mauna Ulu stop & Lots Of Overlooks
- Twilight view of Volcanic Crater
- Dinner Included
Hawaii Circle Of Fire Helicopter TourThe 45 Minute Hilo Fire and Falls Adventure is a fantastic way to enjoy the special island chain of Hawaii. Located on the Big Island, this tour is full of fun, adventure, and unforgettable memories.
Starts At $353.00
- Experience the Volcano from Above
- Comfortable seats
- Ideal viewing windows
- View Hawaii’s Rainforests & Valleys
Hilo Horseback Riding TourTake a 2.5 hour horseback ride with ocean views, reaching secluded waterfall. Go for a swim or stand up paddle in the fall’s refreshing waters before you saddle up for the ride back to the barn.
Starts At $145.00
- Waterfall SUP and Swim Included
- All Ages Welcome & No Riding Experience Needed
- Free Parking, Helmets, and Saddle Bags for Personal Items
- Morning or Afternoon Rides
Hilo Lava & Rainforests Helicopter TourMake your vacation to Hawaii even more memorable with a helicopter flight over an active volcano currently ejecting lava. See lava, tropical scenes, and so much more.
Starts At $335.00
- Fly Over Kilauea Volcano
- See Waterfalls & Rainforest
- 55-60 Minute Flights
- Tour Starts From Hilo
Volcano Adventure Tour From HiloSee the beautiful area around Historic Hilo on this full-day tour where you explore Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, numerous points of interest, state parks, black sand beaches and so much more. This is a small group experience with 12 guests or fewer per guide. The tour includes pick up at your Hilo hotel or accommodation and all entrance fees.
Starts At $193.00
- Explore Hawaii Volcanoes Park
- See Historic Hilo & Waterfalls
- Volcano Overlooks and Lunch Stop
- 9 Hrs. Mon to Fri. Starts In Hilo
Ziplining & Kayaking TourEnjoy 4 activities in one tour with this kayak, stand up paddle, swimming, and ziplining adventure pack! Sit down to a catered lunch by a waterfall after a fun filled day! Adventure operates daily.
Starts At $266.00
- Ziplining, Swimming, Stand Up Paddling, & Kayaking
- Beautiful River & Waterfall
- Zipline, SUP & Kayak Gear Included
- Catered Picnic Lunch
Kayak & Swim in the Umauma RiverEnjoy a 3-hour river experience. Try kayaking or stand up paddling - or both! Go for a swim in the Umauma River. Then have a relaxing picnic lunch under the pavilion at the water’s edge before heading home.
Starts At $75.00
- Picnic Lunch Included
- SUP & Kayak Gear Included
- Swim in the River
- Fun for All Ages
Umauma Falls Zipline TourTake a 90 minute flight on a zipline tour high above rivers, waterfalls, and forests. Operating daily near Hilo.
Starts At $191.00
- Views of Maunakea & the Pacific Ocean
- Safety Gear & Instruction Provided
- No Experience Necessary
- Tours Offered Twice Daily
UTV Adventure WaipioThis historic area is best explored on a 2-passenger UTV. Go all over this ranch that has epic views of Hamakua and along the Big Island coast. On this 2.5 hour tour, you will travel way up onto the mountainside and then back down to the ocean to a secluded beach. All along the way are historic sites and beautiful vistas.
Starts At $150.00
- Drive Offroad In A UTV
- Explore A Ranch Guide
- 7+ & Up.18+ Yrs. Drivers
- 2.5 Hrs, Mon - Sat., Waipio
Wai’pio Valley Horseback AdventureOur experienced guides take you on a journey through a lush tropical paradise of jungle trails, fresh water streams, taro fields, magnificent waterfalls and incredible vistas.
Starts At $124.73
- 2.5-hour Rides, Morning or Afternoon
- Historical and spiritual places
- A journey through jungle trails
- A deli-style picnic lunch
Waipio Valley and Waterfalls TourGo into the rarely visited Waipio Valley with local expert guides. Go kayaking in a waterfall used in many movies too!
Starts At $209.00
- Explore Waterfalls In Waipio
- Swim Or Kayak Under Waterfall
- Bento Boxed Lunch, Snacks & Drinks
- 10-11 Hrs. 7AM Pickup On Kona Coast