Hilo Activities & Tours
The Hilo side of the island is a huge area but in the central coastal area is a historic town with a few hotels for visitors looking for something a little different. This town is closer to the volcano making trips to the park a little shorter than those starting on the Kona coast. This area gets an abundance of rain which sustains a tropical forest that is full of amazing waterfalls. Taking a helicopter trip from here will give you the most time over Hawaii Volcanoes National Park.
Umauma Deluxe ATV ExperienceOff-road along dirt trails on an ATV. See the Umauma River, waterfalls, and get coastal views before stopping for a swim and a snack. This adventure ride operates twice daily!
Starts At $199.00
- ATV Trail Ride, Swim, & Local Snack
- Beautiful River, Waterfalls, & Hamakua Coast Views
- Choose from a Single Seater, 2 Seater or 4 Seater ATV
- All Experience Levels Welcome
Umauma Waterfall Rappel & River TourRappel down a 250-foot waterfall, float down a river, slide down a natural water slide, and hop from boulder to boulder s you make your way down the Umauma River. Stop at 2 more waterfalls and a historic dam. Adventure operates daily so sign up now.
Starts At $157.00
- Rappelling, Swimming, Rock Hopping, and More!
- Beautiful River, Waterfalls, & Historic Dam
- Rappelling & Wetsuit Gear Included
- No Experience Necessary, Beginners Welcome
Big Island Stargazing On Mauna KeaStargazing in Hawaii is a must and there is no better place than on the Big Island of Hawaii. Go stargazing and see more with your guide who has a solar telescope too!
Starts At $209.99
- Hotel Pickup & Return From Hilo & Kona
- Jackets, Meals & Warm-up Drinks Included
- Go Stargazing & Solar Gazing Too
- Personal Guide & Small Group Tour
Evening Volcano ExplorerMake Kilauea Volcano and Hawai`i Volcanoes National Park your destination, and stay past sunset! This tour can start in Kona or Hilo so book your tour now.
Starts At $219.00
- Departs from Hilo Or Kona
- Winery Stop & Lots Of Overlooks
- Twilight view of Volcanic Crater
- Dinner Included
Hawaii Circle Of Fire Helicopter TourThe 45 Minute Hilo Fire and Falls Adventure is a fantastic way to enjoy the special island chain of Hawaii. Located on the Big Island, this tour is full of fun, adventure, and unforgettable memories.
Starts At $369.00
- Experience the Volcano from Above
- Comfortable seats
- Ideal viewing windows
- View Hawaii’s Rainforests & Valleys
Hilo Horseback Riding TourTake a 2.5 hour horseback ride with ocean views, reaching secluded waterfall. Go for a swim or stand up paddle in the fall’s refreshing waters before you saddle up for the ride back to the barn.
Starts At $145.00
- Waterfall SUP and Swim Included
- All Ages Welcome & No Riding Experience Needed
- Free Parking, Helmets, and Saddle Bags for Personal Items
- Morning or Afternoon Rides
Hilo Lava & Rainforests Helicopter TourMake your vacation to Hawaii even more memorable with a helicopter flight over an active volcano currently ejecting lava. See lava, tropical scenes, and so much more.
Starts At $335.00
- Fly Over Kilauea Volcano
- See Waterfalls & Rainforest
- 55-60 Minute Flights
- Tour Starts From Hilo
Ziplining & Kayaking TourEnjoy 4 activities in one tour with this kayak, stand up paddle, swimming, and ziplining adventure pack! Sit down to a catered lunch by a waterfall after a fun filled day! Adventure operates daily.
Starts At $266.00
- Ziplining, Swimming, Stand Up Paddling, & Kayaking
- Beautiful River & Waterfall
- Zipline, SUP & Kayak Gear Included
- Catered Picnic Lunch
Kayak & Swim in the Umauma RiverEnjoy a 3-hour river experience. Try kayaking or stand up paddling - or both! Go for a swim in the Umauma River. Then have a relaxing picnic lunch under the pavilion at the water’s edge before heading home.
Starts At $75.00
- Picnic Lunch Included
- SUP & Kayak Gear Included
- Swim in the River
- Fun for All Ages
Umauma Falls Zipline TourTake a 90 minute flight on a zipline tour high above rivers, waterfalls, and forests. Operating daily near Hilo.
Starts At $191.00
- Views of Maunakea & the Pacific Ocean
- Safety Gear & Instruction Provided
- No Experience Necessary
- Tours Offered Twice Daily
Dahana Horseback Riding ToursTake a horseback ride through the countryside with gorgeous views of Mauna Kea and Waipiʻo Valley. Ride the private trails of the ranch, passing by cows and sheep. After a few hours in the saddle, follow your guide back to the barn.
Starts At $90.00
- Views of Waipiʻo Valley and Mauna Kea
- Ages 3+ Welcome & No Riding Experience Needed
- Private Ranch Trails
- Morning and Afternoon Rides Available Daily
Wai’pio Valley Horseback AdventureOur experienced guides take you on a journey through a lush tropical paradise of jungle trails, fresh water streams, taro fields, magnificent waterfalls and incredible vistas.
Starts At $124.73
- 2.5-hour Rides, Morning or Afternoon
- Historical and spiritual places
- A journey through jungle trails
- A deli-style picnic lunch
Waipio Valley and Waterfalls TourGo into the rarely visited Waipio Valley with local expert guides. Go kayaking in a waterfall used in many movies too!
Starts At $209.00
- Explore Waterfalls In Waipio
- Swim Or Kayak Under Waterfall
- Bento Boxed Lunch, Snacks & Drinks
- 10-11 Hrs. 7AM Pickup On Kona Coast